What this means:
- No further security updates
- Compliance implications around standards and GDPR
- Reduced performance
- Less opportunity to innovate
What do you need to do?
Doing nothing is simply not an option and businesses need to start moving quickly in order keep themselves protected. As a first step, you should look at de-risking the process by letting us help you choose the best route forward for you:
- Route 1 – Upgrade to the latest versions of Windows Server and/or SQL now, whether on-premise or deployed in private or public cloud, DIY or managed
- Route 2 – Move everything into the Azure environment where Microsoft will continue support for Server and SQL 2008 for a further three years at zero cost
- Route 3 – Go ‘as a service’ and shift the responsibility by either moving workloads onto a VM within a managed Azure environment (IaaS), or transforming the workloads to platform-based services (PaaS) and going ‘serverless’
This critical undertaking is made more difficult by the tight timeframes and the need to both build and implement a plan that encompasses both Server and SQL upgrades. Each organisation will be different, not just because of individual system architectures but also from strategy, budget and risk appetite perspectives.
The end of support challenge begins now. To make a positive start, contact us using the form or by calling 03331 309 280 and our experts will be able to guide you through the best options for your needs.